Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Report

Hello, again!

So as you might know, this past Friday was the UCSD SunGod festival concert thing. I woke up at 7:30am -ish with my roommates to get in line for wristbands that are required for admission. It was okay aking up but as the day went on I got more and more tired. Most of UCSD doesn't go to class, but I'm afraid of missing class so I went to my writing lecture, but it ended up being cancelled so I just walked back to my room. Then I pretty much did a lot of reading/homework stuff even though almost everyone was out partying it up and stuff. At one point, my roommate took my books and tried to hide them from me so that I would stop reading and start partying with them, but I found my books. haha. Then I went to math class, which was still in session, not cancelled.
By the end of class I was getting pretty tired and I didn't even really feel like going to the concert/event anymore, but I figured I woke up early and waited in line for the wristband so at 5:30pm, I left with some people to go to SunGod. We went to this area where a DJ plays music and people dance...pretty much like a club within a huge tent haha. It was kind of awkward watching some people dance but I guess that's expected, right? After that, we went to the main stage area because Sara Bareilles was next!! The group I had gone with to the main stage kind of left me so I called my friend Karen and found her up closer to the stage so i stood with her. Wow...Sara Bareilles is SO GOOD live!!! I'm really sad I forgot my camera though...The only downside of the concert was these stupid drunk people who were very rude and disruptive to my concert experience, but oh well. What can I do, right? There's always going to be those kinds of people. Overall, even though I only went to one event at SunGod really, I really enjoyed my time there. It was so great! :)

Today, Sunday, I was supposed to go strawberry picking with people from church here in SD, but I am pretty tired so I decided not to go. Instead, I'm eating lunch, writing this blog, and watching the Laker game! I feel nice and relaxed now. Then, once this game is over, it's homework time. I'm so excited for Dana Point for family time, though!! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. im glad you had fun! I definitely need to update you guys on my life.

    ReplyDelete